Last Updated January 2013
Description of Users and Acceptance of Terms
The Information We Collect and/or Receive
In the course of operating the Website and the Platform, RediLearning will collect and/or receive the following types of information.
- Personal Information. When you sign up to become an End User, you will be required to provide us with personal information about yourself, such as your name, address, e-mail address, phone number, and professional license number.We do not collect any personal information from Visitors when they use the Website, unless they provide such information voluntarily, such as by registering or sending us an e-mail or signing up for a newsletter. All information we collect and/or receive under this section is collectively called “Personal Information.”
- Billing Information. When End Users wish to order a Client Video via the Platform, they will be required to provide certain information in addition to the Personal Information noted above. Such information may include a debit card number, credit card number, expiration date, billing address, activation codes, and similar information. Such information is collectively called the “Billing Information.”
- Order Information. When End Users wish to order a Client Video via the Platform, they must provide us with certain information about the transaction they are seeking to execute, such as the title of the Client Video. In addition, we will receive and process the test results for the Client Videos that End Users order. Such information is collectively called the “Order Information.”
- Other Information. In addition to the Personal Information, the Billing Information, and the Order Information, we may collect additional information (collectively, the “Other Information”). Such Other Information may include:
- From Your Activity. In an ongoing effort to improve the Services, we automatically collect certain information when Visitors visit the Website and when End Users use the Platform. Such information includes, without limitation:
- IP addresses, browser type and language, referring and exit pages and URLs, date and time, amount of time spent on particular pages, what sections of the Website Visitors visit, etc.; and
- Activity and usage information occurring via the Services, including Client Videos ordered; items, exhibits, tests, and other Client Content that End Users view; test responses; preferences; session lengths; and similar data.
- From Cookies. Information that we collect using “cookie” technology. Cookies are small packets of data that a website stores on your computer’s hard drive so that your computer will “remember” information about your visit. We may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to help us collect Other Information and to enhance your experience using the Website and the Platform. If you do not want us to place a cookie on your hard drive, you may be able to turn that feature off on your computer. Please consult your Internet browser’s documentation for information on how to do this and how to delete persistent cookies. However, if you decide not to accept cookies from us, the Website and the Platform may not function properly
- From You. Additional information that Visitors and End Users voluntarily provide to us, such as their personal interests, product and service preferences, and other information that does not identify them personally.
- From Other Sources. Information that we collect or receive from other sources, such as from accreditation agencies.
The Information Collected by or Through Third-Party Advertising Companies
Accessing and Modifying Personal Information and Communication Preferences
If you have registered for the Services, you may access, review, and make changes to your Personal Information by following the instructions found on the Platform. In addition, you may manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of any RediLearning marketing email. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to process such requests in a timely manner. You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our subscription databases. End Users cannot opt out of receiving transactional e-mails related to their account.
How We Use and Share the Information
We use the Personal Information, the Billing Information, the Order Information, and the Other Information (collectively, the “Information”) to provide and improve our Website, Platform, and Services; to process orders; to administer our contests, sweepstakes, rewards, and other promotional programs; to solicit your feedback; and to inform you about our products and services and those of our promotional partners.
We may also use and/or share Information as described below.
- We will share your Personal Information and Order Information with the organizations and agencies that process and maintain your continuing education credits in order for them to process such credits.
- We may from time to time share Personal Information and/or Other Information with other companies who may provide you information about the products and services they offer. However, to the extent required by law, you will be given the opportunity to opt-out of such sharing.
- We will access, use, and share the Information as required to fulfill our contractual obligations to you or subsequent requests for Services and/or support by you.
- We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples may include providing technical assistance, order fulfillment, customer service, and marketing assistance. These other companies will have access to the Information only as necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law.
- In an ongoing effort to better understand our Visitors, End Users, and the products and services of RediLearning and our promotional partners, we may analyze certain Order Information and Other Information in aggregate form in order to operate, maintain, manage, and improve the Website, the Platform, and/or such products and services. This aggregate information does not identify you personally.We may share this aggregate data with our affiliates, agents, and business and promotional partners. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe the Website and the Platform and these products and services to current and prospective business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
- In order to provide our Services and administer our contests, sweepstakes, rewards, and other promotional programs, we may share your Personal Information, Order Information, and Other Information with our third-party promotional and marketing partners, including, without limitation, businesses participating in our various programs.
- With your permission, third-party applications or services may access your Personal Information. We use standard OAuth (open authorization) to enable you to give permission to share your Personal Information with other websites and services, such as Facebook and Twitter (e.g., when you agree to a pop-up requesting you to allow another application to access your account information). We also use OAuth to allow us to share information about you that is stored by us without sharing your security credentials.
- We may share some or all of your Information with any of our parent companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control with us.
- As we develop our businesses, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, sale of assets, dissolution, or similar event, the Information may be part of the transferred assets.
- To the extent permitted by law, we may also disclose the Information: (i) when required by law, court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency; or (ii) whenever we believe that disclosing such Information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of RediLearning or others.
How We Protect the Information
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect the Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that the Information that you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to and from us over the Internet. In particular, e-mail sent to or from the Website or the Platform may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail.
Important Notices to Non-U.S. Residents
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, California residents who have an established business relationship with RediLearning may choose to opt out of our sharing your Personal Information with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and (1) you wish to opt out; or (2) you wish to request certain information regarding our disclosure of your Personal Information to third parties for the direct marketing purposes, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or write to us at:
4800 North Federal Highway
Suite 300 B
Boca Raton, FL 33431
How to Contact Us